Health & Wellness DJ
DJ CASS&RA (pronounced DJ Cassandra – female DJ based in Austin, TX) is the DJ side project of composer + keyboardist Cassie Shankman. She primarily plays a mix of funk, disco and house, but other sets have included classic hip-hop, rap, indie-electronic-pop, club mixes, top-40s, and world music (open formate DJ). As a trained musician who understands the musical theory behind songs, Cassie began DJing friends' house parties, creating a good vibe, and began growing her audience and clients. She's DJ'd for crowds of over 3,000 people. Check out her facebook here and Instagram here.
Even though Cassie DJ's for many different events, Cassie specializes in DJing for health & wellness clients/events. Her day job is working with the Movement Tracks Project designing original Biomedical Music™ to help people move and by "night" she creates the perfect sets for movement for her clients, whether it be a morning yoga class or a late-night dance party.
Clients have included Athleta/Gap, Lyft, OpenNest, Native Hostels, SXSW, Nordstrom, Allbirds Shoes, SoulCycle, AMEX (American Express) for ACL, ByGeorge, Juice Society, The Refinery - Austin, Tribeza, Knockout Fitness Austin (Boxing Fitness), LG Mobile, Erin Condren, Game Seven Marketing, Expedia, Spredfast, Wanderlust Yoga, Tacos and Tequila (TNT), Dozen Street, PRIZE Austin, Big Medium, Impact Haven / Un.incubator, Cherry Cola Dog, Lemon Lounge, Spiderhouse Ballroom, Museum of Human Achievement, Hyperreal Film Club, Firehouse Lounge, Forcepoint, Crux Climbing Center, Peached Social House, Mueller's Browning Hanger, Archer Hotel, Hanger Lounge, REVELRY, HOPE Farmers Market, Austin ISD, Lone Star Riverboat, 2400 Nueces, and Rainier Management. To hire DJ Cass&Ra for health & wellness classes, events, grand openings, parties, markets, weddings, clubs and more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To hire DJ CASS&RA for weddings, she can act as not only a DJ, but also a wedding coordinator if needed. She can travel anywhere by car in Texas, and is available for out-of-state weddings as well.
Past events have included:
- June Firehouse Lounge Friday Night Live DJ
- June SoulCycle Live DJ collab b2b with Woke Bloke and Instructor Nicole
- 2018 1st Annual/SOLDOUT "Lakeside Wellness Retreat," hosted by Natalie Betzer, Kaley Klasson, Randi Marks and Kaki Gaines & powered by OV Austin
- Juice Society X The Refinery June 2018 "Yoga + Live DJ Happy Hour class collab with yogi Om and the City (Jules Hunt)"
- Wanderlust Yoga's 2018 Kickoff "Summer Sunset Series," at Republic Square Park – powered by Outdoor Voices and Southern Pressed Juicery
- LASA / LBJ High School 2018 Band Banquet
- Juice Society Presents: Co-Work, Create + Collaborate at The Refinery ATX x Snap Kitchen's Claire Siegel x Tito's Vodka – 2018 May
- Crux Climbing Center's 3rd Annual "Come & Send It Festival Vol. 3" – rock climbing competition
- Athleta / Gap Inc's 2018 "Athleta FLC" 3-day Austin Conference at the Hyatt Regency Austin
- Dart Collective Austin Launch Party @ Revelry, presented by 100 Layer Cake
- Hotel San Jose Presents: Dart Collective Takeover
- Tribeza's April 2018 Style Issue Release @ ByGeorge
- Wanderlust Yoga ATX 6-Year Celebration "Power Vinyasa" class
- April Firehouse Lounge Friday Night Live DJ
- Wanderlust Yoga ATX's Yin Workshop with Collette Hill
- Revelry Presents 2018 "Makers Market at Mueller"
- Nordstrom x Allbirds Pop-In@Nordstrom Launch Preview Party & Launch Event #NordstromPop
- Erin Condren (Domain Northside) "Abloom" Spring Event
- Nordstrom's (Domain Northside) 2018 Spring Beauty Trend Event
- Official 2018 SXSW 2-Day Lyft House at Native Hostels, presented by Lyft and OpenNest
- SXSW 2018 X Knockout Fitness Live DJ Boxing Classes
- SXSW 2018 Kickoff at Firehouse Lounge
- Revelry, Wright Bros. Brew & Brew, and Lemon Lounge's 2018 "Lovefest 003: Blooms & Brews"
- Erin Condren 2018 "Flagship Store Grand Opening Private Pre-Party" Event
- Revelry's 2017 "Eastside Holiday Market"
- LG Mobile USA Presents: This Is Real – Austin campaign with DJ Hella Yella and artist Will Bryant
- Revelry & Lemon Lounge's "The East Get Down" with Will Bryant presented by Companion ATX & Big Medium
- PRIZE's "Kate Hersch Trunk Show"
- Un.incubator's "The Moon Puppies: A Journey to the Secret Ocean" at Cherry Cola Dog
- Wanderlust 108 Austin Festival Pre-party
- Tortuga Shades' 2017 EP Release at Dozen Street
- Revelry's 2017 Austin's First Dessert Fest / "Hey Sugar! Dessert Fest"
- Expedia's Private Party & Dance (Chicago, Dallas, NY, London, Australia offices in attendance)
- Forcepoint's Private Cocktail Hour
- Revelry Presents 2017 "Makers Market at Mueller"
- 2017 Resident DJ for "Taco Tuesdays" for Tacos and Tequila (TNT)
- Wanderlust Yoga ATX's "Morning Vinyasa w/ Live Music" residency (2017–current)
- SoulCycle's ACL Live DJ Rides (in collaboration with AMEX)
- SoulCycle's July 2017 Live DJ Ride
- Firehouse Lounge July & August 2017 Summer Saturday Night live DJ series
- Hyperreal Film Club & Museum of Human Achievement's "Vanishing Waves" a part of 2017 Summer Series
- HOPE Night Farmers Market
- Austin ISD Schools LBJ Band 2017 & 2018 Banquet
- Crux Climbing Center 2017 Annual Halloween Competition "Crank n' Stein"
- Spredfast's 2017 "SXSW 3-Day House Party"
- Membership Nights/Competitions at Crux Climbing Center
- 2017 Anniversary Party at Crux Climbing Center
- Revelry & Archer Hotels 2017 "Lovefest 002"
- Revelry's 2016 "Eastside Holiday Market"
- 2400 Nueces Apartments 2015 Pool Party
DJ Cass&Ra has joined Dart Collective ATX, which officially launched in April 2018.
"Cassie did a great job dj-ing our wedding! She did a great job of communicating with us before the day of our wedding and also during the wedding. She provided a mic for us to use during our ceremony and for our vows so that we didn't have to worry about renting one out from an outside source. She's completely open to taking suggestions for music and you can tell she enjoys herself along with the guests! Her music selection is a great mix of country, Spanish, hip hop, rock and old school...guaranteed to get the party going! I would highly recommend her for your next celebration. She was also so kind to send some photos that she took, as well as send a playlist of songs she had played from our wedding! That was an awesome touch --- she is awesome!" – Karina & Caty Rangel
"One of Austin’s most sought-after DJs, Cass&Ra has experience DJing everything from corporate events to SoulCycle classes to weddings. Also a trained pianist and composer, this musical DJ makes the party come alive." – Do512
"Cassie is EVERYTHING! She's so easy to work with and she always the party goers going. I get so many compliments every time I book her. Can't wait to work with her again and again and again!" – Amberly Washingon, REVELRY
"THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was fantastic and everyone is talking about it (our party) today! I will for sure book you when we have another event - 100%!" – Jennifer S. of Expedia
"Thanks so much for your energy on Saturday! You were great!" – Taylor B., Game Seven Marketing for LG USA Mobile
"Thank you sooo much for spinning at our event, we couldn’t have done it without your talent!" – Stephanie C., Senior Events Manager at Erin Condren
"Love love love the vibe, the jams, the flow, EVERYTHING!!! So fun! Thank you so much for coming out and bringing our party to life!!! :D" – Ben Gibson, Manager at Un.Incubator
"Thank you! You were awesome and everyone had a great time :)" – Christy H. of SoulCycle
"So much fun!!!... It was a blast!!!" – Rachel R. of SoulCycle
"Thank you! You were a hit!! Staff and guests had a great time:) I will definitely be in touch for future events." – Cassandra K. of Tacos N Tequila (TNT)
"DJ Cass&Ra is the best! She has the magical power to bring the dance floor to life. Each song she played was so dance-y, and she always looks so hip and fancy! Definitely recommend." – Nadia T. of Tortuga Shades
"Love her energy and vibe, she did such a great job at our EAST event! It's a bonus to get to work with a female DJ :)" – Liz Deering, Co-Founder at Un.Incubator
"Cass&Ra is the most fun dj in town! She knows exactly how to get a crowd dancing, whether it’s in the middle of a wedding, club, apartment, park, train station, rock climbing gym, spin class, or yoga studio! (Seriously.) Plus, she’s an amazing human that everyone should get to know." – Brittany L., fan